Sunday, May 20, 2012

South Australian Apology

The Premier announced today that the apology date has been moved to the 18th
of July. The reason for this is that they want to make sure that they get
everything planned thoroughly and take more time about it. If anyone wants
to contribute their thoughts and ideas, please contact either the Premier,
the Hon Jay Weatherill or the Minister responsible for adoptions, the Hon
Grace Portolesi. Also if anyone had already make arrangements to travel to
SA for the apology, they should contact the Minister to advise if they are
going to be inconvenienced or out of pocket. It's good that they understand
that this is a major undertaking and they are keen to ensure that the
planning is thorough.

Thanks for the email Evelyn.

2 comments:

SS said...

I am a child effected by this. I wish to be a part of any apology and wish to be with my "Adopted" Mother in Adelaide, my home town for this apology. I shall contact the Premier and Minister as you advised. Thank you so much for everything you have done and do. I am just one of many for whom you have helped. Acknowledgement is wonderful. Susie.

SS said...

Thank you for this update. I will contact the Premier and Minister as you advised. I am a child Adopted in 1967. What happened is an outrage and nothing short of a crime against humanity.

Thank you for all the work you have done over the past 10 years. Please know the difference you make is huge.

Susie.